Well this proves that you need excellent travel insurance for you trips. I booked with True Traveller and they have been first rate, why? I hear you ask. Well I needed rescuing from Pangboche so they organised a helicopter rescue for Tony, Gyalsein and I, together with our belongings. Took one and a half hours to pick us up from an isolated, cold and very windy helipad at 3930 metres, this morning, and land at Kathmandu airport. Excellent service. I’m currently say in my hotel room, Hotel Manang, after having been to the hospital for X-rays and to speak with the doctor. The verdict is an excellent one, soft tissue damage only. No need for any fancy knee braces, just ibuprofen, rest, ice, compression and elevation, dah dee dah. Overall cost of £92.00. Not to bad, but I’d rather still be in the mountains tackling Island Peak. Had lunch on a roof top terrace, had Chicken Tikka Massala and sultana rice, absolutely fabulous. Puts ours to shame.
Wanton Traveller, Rambler (not just verbally.)
I am married to Alison, who must have and indeed has the patience of a saint and clearly deserves a medal for putting up with me. Thank you my lovely.
My hobbies include travelling, walking, munroe bagging and playing rugby.
The places that I have visited range from Ireland (Dublin) to The Bahamas.
Leaving for Sestrierre
I’m back to work.
- RT @WMerciaPolice: ACC Morgan's #blog: The Morale Maze - There is an on going and vital debate about the state of morale in policing... htt… 5 hours ago
- A Dozen Little Details worth a read, just the bullet points answer useful questions. mentalhealthcop.wordpress.com/2014/03/03/a-d… 1 day ago
- bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan… 1 day ago
- RT @KelvinJRobbins: Oops. MT @TVP_Windsor: A taser has been lost in #Windsor Great Park. Any info pls ring 101. thamesvalley.police.uk/newsevents/new… http… 3 days ago
- RT @MentalHealthCop: NEW BLOG - "NHS Change Day" tinyurl.com/qb5jt2g 1 week ago