Well this proves that you need excellent travel insurance for you trips. I booked with True Traveller and they have been first rate, why? I hear you ask. Well I needed rescuing from Pangboche so they organised a helicopter rescue for Tony, Gyalsein and I, together with our belongings. Took one and a half hours to pick us up from an isolated, cold and very windy helipad at 3930 metres, this morning, and land at Kathmandu airport. Excellent service. I’m currently say in my hotel room, Hotel Manang, after having been to the hospital for X-rays and to speak with the doctor. The verdict is an excellent one, soft tissue damage only. No need for any fancy knee braces, just ibuprofen, rest, ice, compression and elevation, dah dee dah. Overall cost of £92.00. Not to bad, but I’d rather still be in the mountains tackling Island Peak. Had lunch on a roof top terrace, had Chicken Tikka Massala and sultana rice, absolutely fabulous. Puts ours to shame.
Wanton Traveller, Rambler (not just verbally.)
I am married to Alison, who must have and indeed has the patience of a saint and clearly deserves a medal for putting up with me. Thank you my lovely.
My hobbies include travelling, walking, munroe bagging and playing rugby.
The places that I have visited range from Ireland (Dublin) to The Bahamas.
Leaving for Sestrierre
I’m back to work.
- Jonah Lomu: New Zealand rugby great dies aged 40. Such a tragedy. #ripjonahlegend bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-un… 1 week ago
- @SonnyBWilliams what a true gent and an awesome player. Congratulations on the win and even more for the gesture. 4 weeks ago
- @DanCarter very well played and richly deserved. You are a true genius with the boot. #bestflyhalfever 4 weeks ago
- @rugbyworldcup What a fantastic tournament. Truly the best ever. I'm exceptionally proud to have been a volunteer. #RWC2015 4 weeks ago
- @BryanHabana pleasure watching you and the team last night. Really sorry you didn't break Jonah's record. Your a credit to the game. 4 weeks ago