Well this proves that you need excellent travel insurance for you trips. I booked with True Traveller and they have been first rate, why? I hear you ask. Well I needed rescuing from Pangboche so they organised a helicopter rescue for Tony, Gyalsein and I, together with our belongings. Took one and a half hours to pick us up from an isolated, cold and very windy helipad at 3930 metres, this morning, and land at Kathmandu airport. Excellent service. I’m currently say in my hotel room, Hotel Manang, after having been to the hospital for X-rays and to speak with the doctor. The verdict is an excellent one, soft tissue damage only. No need for any fancy knee braces, just ibuprofen, rest, ice, compression and elevation, dah dee dah. Overall cost of £92.00. Not to bad, but I’d rather still be in the mountains tackling Island Peak. Had lunch on a roof top terrace, had Chicken Tikka Massala and sultana rice, absolutely fabulous. Puts ours to shame.
Leaving for Sestrierre
The Big DayJanuary 12th, 2014
The big day is here.
I’m back to work.
Back with a bumpJanuary 20th, 2014
The other big day is here.
- @Eurosport_UK good on him for trying. Great effort and smile at the end looked more relief that his ordeal is over. 2 days ago
- @SuptKevPurcell @SixNationsRugby @lionsofficial I'm erring on the side of Ireland. Great in the Autumn internationals. Wales to do well 🤞🏻. 3 weeks ago
- RT @MoAnsar: What a terrible year. Another one gone. #ripgeorgemicheal https://t.co/10ImtvdN17 2 months ago
- #marcoselfie anniversary and birthday meal with lovely Alison. https://t.co/W3qmu2rN8s 2 months ago
- RT @PocketSergeant: Anyone receiving these emails from @cpsuk aren't from CPS. Delete it and report to @actionfrauduk . Do NOT reply or cli… 3 months ago