Well this proves that you need excellent travel insurance for you trips. I booked with True Traveller and they have been first rate, why? I hear you ask. Well I needed rescuing from Pangboche so they organised a helicopter rescue for Tony, Gyalsein and I, together with our belongings. Took one and a half hours to pick us up from an isolated, cold and very windy helipad at 3930 metres, this morning, and land at Kathmandu airport. Excellent service. I’m currently say in my hotel room, Hotel Manang, after having been to the hospital for X-rays and to speak with the doctor. The verdict is an excellent one, soft tissue damage only. No need for any fancy knee braces, just ibuprofen, rest, ice, compression and elevation, dah dee dah. Overall cost of £92.00. Not to bad, but I’d rather still be in the mountains tackling Island Peak. Had lunch on a roof top terrace, had Chicken Tikka Massala and sultana rice, absolutely fabulous. Puts ours to shame.
Leaving for Sestrierre
The Big DayJanuary 12th, 2014
The big day is here.
I’m back to work.
Back with a bumpJanuary 20th, 2014
The other big day is here.
- RT @NCA_UK: Arrests & seizures hitting #DrugTraffickers hard but we need your help. Watch out for these signs #WorldDrugDay https://t.co/e8… 2 months ago
- @realDonaldTrump Grow some balls and ban automatic weapons for sale and use to the public. Do that and you may get some credibility. 2 months ago
- Hey Tracy. How's things? At Bournemouth for last years conference. With Simon. You okay? 3 months ago
- RT @SkyNews: Children 'Consuming Body Weight In Sugar' news.sky.com/story/1616116/… 7 months ago
- RT @lfcbuzztap: espnfc.com >> Nicol: Liverpool performance disheartening buzztap.com/-n267rK 7 months ago